Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let's try a new one.

So, I think we're not understanding this whole reading club thing. We share our comments!

New book I just started: Hunger Games. I have read about four chapters. This book is the first in a series of three and it's reading audience is younger than us. But I believe a movie is being made so I thought I would see what it's all about.

So far, it seems that it's a Planet of the Apes meets Thunderdome meets The Time Machine. But let's see what you think.

So, Hunger Games. Walmart carries it, the high school library probably has it, B&N of course.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to bail on this one can't even make it through Green Eggs and Ham these days without an interruption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished Hunger Games today and started Catching Fire, the second in the series. I really liked the first book. Didn't want to put it down. Of course it is written for younger readers, but I kept thinking as I was reading that it seemed a little intense, violent, etc., for my 6th graders. But several are reading the series. Hm-m... What do the rest of you think?

    It should be a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finished Catching Fire today and started Mockingjay. I'm hooked, line and sinker... Anyone else reading them?

    ReplyDelete